Sunday, June 28, 2009

Whole Lot of Nothin'

Many apologies for the mini-hiatus (like anyone's paying attention *lol*), really haven't been in much of a writing mood the past several days. What seems to be like a never ending job search has kinda bummed me out,but nonetheless I shall keep making strides and prevail.....hopefully. Plus there hasn't been a whole lot going on in my neck of the woods so to speak.

Anywho, enough of the Debbie Downer stuff.While talking with my friend Panda (a.k.a Tyler) earlier today he shared a couple of motivational pieces that had me ROFL (well the first piece more so than the second.)


......after my laughter subsided I took another look at this image and began to wonder a few things about it. DAMN YOU ANNALYTICAL SIDE OF MY BRAIN!!! Of course I recognize Serpentor (behind the podium) in all of his villainous glory as well as Cobra Commander and Duke giving each other the stink eye. Then my attention went to the little boys dressed up as mini Serpentor henchmen.......WHO THE HELL ARE THEY!?........illegit kids he had with Pythona perhaps =? Next up is the dude who to me looks like a bald version of Dr.Wang from Minroiteam and proceeding him are the the guys in black who look like they're from O.S.I (Office of Security Intelligence). G.I Joe is one of my favorite retro cartoons,but I do admit that I didn't follow it as closely as some of the more die hard fans......so
ya anyone know who these dudes are? Or are they just something random the artist threw in there?

Here's the next piece (no offense to those of you who work at a fast food chain):


Going back to the topic of retro cartoons,since I've had a considerable amount of free time on my hands lately a part of that time has been spent on re-visiting the days of yore (the 80's to more exact) a period when cartoons were still innovative and entertaining compared to the mass produced,over commercialized, pile of donkey dung that is today's Saturday morning line-up. Thus far my viewing line up has consisted of:

  • M.A.S.K -Kick ass theme song, plenty of 80's campiness to go around, and a totally laughable antagonist. Seriously who would fear such a klutzy fat bastard as this (especially with a name like Miles Mayhem). Does he remind anyone else of Wilford Brimley in a general's uniform?
  • Bionic Six -80's rip off of Captian Planet (?) Another cartoon with ANOTHER pathetic evil-doer. Enter Dr.Scarab. (And really though, why is there all these obese guys as the villains? Guess the they all had a bad case of dontgiveaflyingf*** when it came to their appearance)


  • Bravestar -YIPPIEEE KI YAY MOTHA *******! (j/k) =P.....had to do it. Was a pretty cool kids show that had western and futuristic themes/motifs to it.
  • Transformers -nough' said.
That about covers it.....for now anyway. Man I miss being a little kid in the late 80's / early 90's. Speaking of shows, while I was under the weather earlier on this week I caught the creative wave (so to speak) while in bed daydreaming and came up with some more ideas for a few show concepts I've been working on for a while (and probably will for a while longer until I make some advancements in my animating skills). Will share more on that another day. TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment