Friday, July 3, 2009

Love/Hate Relationship


.....Ya that's pretty much how I'm feeling right now. I was going to do a special segment entitled "Story Time Pt.1" featuring some of the new ideas I've come up with recently for my show concepts , but I'm way to pissed right now and when I'm pissed I have a tendency of not putting my best foot forward on creative projects.

Anywho, you may be wondering "What's up with the title of your post?" and well my friends I'm about to explain the reasoning behind it. As some of you may already know I'm currently residing in Dallas,a metropolitan wonderland full of cool and exciting things to do (this is the love part of the relationship.) However there are two particular things I hate with a purple passion: (1.) YUPPIES (2.) THE TEXAS HIGHWAY SYSTEM!!!!1!!!11!.......or as I like to call it "Hells Maze" (which is today's topic). I know this might all seem trivial in the whole grand scheme of things,but when you come from Oklahoma (where there's all kinds of nifty back roads) it's kind of a shock navigating your way around these treacherous pathways and it definitely takes some getting use to.

To make a long story short earlier today I was out running some errands and on my way back home I got a wee bit lost (><......gee thanks a lot for your help GPS system *lol*) and took the wrong exit. At first I didn't catch my error but then I noticed a white diamond on the middle of the road....and I was like "OH S**T! I'M IN THE H.O.V LANE". And of course there I was freaking out because there was no exit in sight and I was afraid a cop was going to spot me,pull me over,and serve up a nice big ticket. So I ended up going past Plano (about 35/40min out from where I live) before I was able to get to a freakin exit and was able to navigate my way back home (thank you dear God a cop didn't see me!) The whole incident brought up an old memory of when I first started driving out on the highway in Oklahoma. I was on the way back to my Mom's from visiting my Dad in Edmond and I almost ended up going the wrong way on either a service road or off ramp*blushes in embarrassment*. EEeeya that scared the bejesus out of me and made me stay off of the freeway for a while. Another story for another day. Wow writing this all out has actually help alleviate some of my pissyness *lol*. That's all for now.Later!

*Side Note*
In fear of offending people,in which I do not intentionally mean to do (in all honesty it's my natural tendency of being blunt and outspoken), I would like to add that I'm a firm believer in the ideal / concept of "one bad apple doesn't ruin the whole bunch".....or however it goes. I'm referring of course to my comment about yuppies. I really and truly don't despise all individuals of the upper class (or rich),hell I've met some really cool rich people that seemed genuinely nice and down to Earth. It's just that while I've been living here in Texas I haven't had too many good encounters with this particular class of people. Anyway, just thought I would add that into the mix of things.

5 comments:

  1. what?! nothing on yuppies?
    I've lived in TX my whole... 17 year life *Cries* and our system is crap. HOUSTON D:< is horrible. I live near like all the major highways and I still have no clue how to get anywhere without google maps.

    Hi~ XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey. No,the yuppies don't get any special attention today *lol*.

    Hopefully one day order will be brought to the chaos (highways)......but I don't foresee that happening anytime in the near future *bummer laugh*

    Thanks for dropping by meh blog btw =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh ya! I noticed on your blog you changed your comments to tangerines and was wondering how you did that.

    Also,mad props on being a fellow Gundam fan (one of my all time favorite Anime ^^)...and I'm in agreeance with you about Gundam Seed *lol*.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hm hm there should be some setting i shall go look it up...when you go to customize and go to "blog posts" and hit edit there should be a box that says "5 _____" and you should be able to change it to anything you want.
    I'm sort of thinking of watching gundam seed destiny but I have economics and government finals this week and I had to take a break. thank goodness the internet can bring us anime without toonami chopping it or adult swim irregulating their schedules.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok,cool and thanks.

    Haven't watched Destiny yet,so really can't form an opinion of it. Not sure what other Gundam series you've seen,but if you like Seed you should definitley check out Gundam Z (Zeta),a bit on the darker side and you have to pardon the occasional 80's campiness,and also Mobile Suit Gundam the 8th M.S Team (short but excellent series).

    (lol at the Toonami and Adult Swim comment) Ya that's two qualities about them that are kinda a pain. If I ever get the pleasure of interning/working with them (Adult Swim) I'm definintley doing some sort of petition for them to get thier **** together on that *lol*.Anwhooz,enough of my rambling.

    ReplyDelete