Thursday, July 23, 2009

OMG UPDATE!!!

*lol* Forgive me for the lame title.....as soon I get done with this I need to get my ass up and go get some food.....my blood sugar gauge is almost at zero and I'm all @_@ atm (so forgive me if any of this sounds choppy or whatever). Despite that I figured I would post something since I caught a bit of the writing bug and haven't updated in a little while.

*lol* I'm soo hyped right now I'm not sure where to begin.

I guess I'll start off with that I FINALLY found a couple of temp jobs to tide me over until Andrew and I head off to basic. Can't tell you guys how big of a relief t
hat is. I no longer have to feel like this:

Hate to sound lazy or whatever by this (because honest to goodness I'm not), but I hate job searching and going to interviews.....it's all for the birds I dare say. I'm really excited to see what kind of assignments I'll get. If you've known me for any extent of time you'll know I don't like to stay in any one spot for any prolonged period of time and that I enjoy doing new and different things on a regular basis.....so ya I think temping and the military will be a good fit *lol*.

Speaking of the military I have some exciting news
(or at least I think it is) regarding it/that as well. Andrew and I payed our good ol' buddy (our recruiter really) Sgt.Bradshaw a visit on Tuesday to talk to him about some of our jobs choices we picked out at M.E.P.S (was regretting a couple of the ones I picked out) as well as a few other things. Thank you God for Bradshaw (and I sincerely mean that) he has really and truly bent over backwards to make all of this possible. Come to find out he sent an email to one of the higher ups (I'm assuming) to ensure that we get to go to basic together (soooo thankful and excited for that) and with that being the case our job lists will be disregarded and that we'll pick our jobs out at basic. You may be wondering what this means or how or in what way is this good,allow me to explain. After you take the ASVAB at M.E.P.S you meet up with a job counselor and based upon what scores you made if the different areas (general,admin,electrical,and mechanical) you'll be given a list of jobs you qualify for and you make your list of 7/8 jobs based on that. With that being said it's kind of a luck of the draw as to which job you'll get and you wont find out what job your assigned to until the last week of BMT. Just in case if none of the jobs you pick are available you get to pick a guaranteed area of your choice (in both Andrew and I's case we picked general), if this occurs you'll pick your job out at basic during the third week of training. You also have a third choice of just cutting to the chase and just picking out your job at basic in the guaranteed area you chose. To me this seems like the best route,there's no guess work involved. Like I said before during your third week of training you meet up with a job counselor, take a look at the list of jobs you qualify for,pick which one you want,and BAM you're done,that's the job you're getting (no guessing about it.) So ya we'll basically be doing the third choice. I'm really hoping and praying that my security clearance stuff will turn out alright (to those of you who I put down as references expect to be visited by a g-man/men here sometime soon for an interview......kinda nervous about the one they'll do with me too *lol*) and I'll get the top security clearance I'll need in order to do signals intelligence (which sounds like a totally bad ass job and I'll get to go to two of my favorite place for tech school.....Arizona and Florida ^^). Some other other cool stuff I found out about during our visit was:

  • We'll FINALLY be heading out to basic in October (maybe November at the latest)
  • We both qualify to get LASIK *cries for joy* (been wanting to get that done for what seems like forever now)
  • After a year of service we'll get assistance/money to go towards paying off our current student loans (WOOT!)
  • After we get done at basic we'll get to come home (to Dallas), we get to help out Bradshaw out at the recruiting office and go talk at different schools about the Air Force (which I think will be fun ^^), and we also get to earn some extra cash for helping other Airmen move their stuff around.
  • We'll be getting an insane amount of dough (since we're married military) for our base pay,flight pay (that's if we travel around in aircraft),housing,and food.
I'm ecstatic to say the least. I can't wait to finally get in and be an active member =)

Last but not least I'm pretty stoked about coming up to OK tomorrow to see my fam and friends. My mom is going on a trip with my Aunt Kathy to Puerto Rico and while she's gone she's needing me took look after my g-ma,who's not in the greatest health (despite her multiple conditions she sure knows how to keep a person on their toes though XD). Can't wait to go bowl and play some billiards at Tinker as well as maybe go hang out downtown and go to the Zoo (really been wanting to do go do some life drawings,so be looking out for some in the next week or so.) Also, in attempt to build up my portfolio during my down time I plan on starting doing some digital paintings as well playing around with Blender 3D. Depending on how well I do I might share them on here or maybe I'll be brave and sign up for a DeviantArt account.

~AdiĆ³s~

2 comments:

  1. Are you still on Facebook? I thought you were... :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. *lol* That's funny that you bring that up. I was on there not too long ago,but then closed my account because not many people I know are on there....so ya that made it kinda boring. However if you get back on there I'll re-open my account =)

    ReplyDelete